PDA

View Full Version : Why is so hard to start 350???

txmj83
10-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Why is it sometimes so hard to start 350? Some times they start right up on the first turn over and other times it sounds like you have a dead battery? Mine is not the only one I have seen that dose this.

mudhumper
10-07-2010, 03:04 AM
IF ur talkin about the fuel injected models I think its because the tbi uses a low fuel pressure, so it takes a little longer for it to fully pressurized the system. But when its restarted after a short sit and still pressurized then it fires right up. Thats just my guess. Maybe its a chevy thing

70-K5
10-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Advanced timing can do this too...

spectreblazer
10-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Advanced timing can do this too...

x2 mine does the same thing. timing is off

NightKrwlr
10-07-2010, 11:57 AM
high compression ??? race engine lol

Koots
10-07-2010, 07:25 PM
My guess is that you have a battery connection getting loose somewhere. I've had so many problems with batteries, battery cables, connections, etc. over this entire year that i now run through all the connections first when i have a problem with starting before i do anything else.

Try tightening the terminals, the cables into the terminals, the grounds, the connection at the starter (very important one) just to start you off. It's free and quick to do and could be the cause of alot of strange symptoms.