PDA

View Full Version : Blower Motor Resistor Install

Umidragon88
03-20-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm new to this and I've pretty much got the Blazer figured out but I'm having an issue with installing the new blower motor resistor. Does anyone know how to install it? I have an '87 Chevy K-5 Blazer 4x4 350 V8. I've tried to look at plans but I get confused with it. I mean the air works but only on Med and Low. The fan cuts off at High and I have a child and currently the front windows aren't working so if I can get the air working again it would be awesome. I've put so much time and money into this truck I don't want to give up just because the resistor has stopped working. I would let my fiance do it but he knows nothing past changing the oil. So if someone could help that would be great. Thank you!

heavyleft
03-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Im really bad at explaining things just by words on here.....but the install is quite easy....disconnect the wiring harness, I believe its two (give or take) small bolt/screws....it comes out, install is the reverse. I had to do the same on my 87 about 6 months back.

Im sure someone that can explain it better will chime in, but if not, I can take pictures in the morning and post them up for ya.

heavyleft
03-20-2011, 02:09 AM
Alright...I got off my lazy butt and snapped a picture....

Its on the passenger side of the engine compartment near the fire wall....its on the box behind your AC lines/canistor. Two small bolt/screws and she comes right out. Hope this helps.