PDA

View Full Version : Windsheild wipers not working right???

Rod the Bod
01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey guys my windsheild wipers are not working right. I have the 1987 K5 tilt steering wheel and intermittent wipers.. I only have high and low. the intermittent dose not work.. and when its turned on the intermeittent spot it like its on low, put it to low stays the same speed and then high it gose to high, to turn it of I have to twist it all the way back pass the off position to the mist spot on the handle and the wipers stop where ever they are on the window. my windsheild washer works but same thing to turn it of I have to twist to mist..

now for the fun part Ive just changed the switch in the colume (that was fun..lol) and the modulare peice under the steering colume and same thing, and I have a new signal lever that I bought 1 1/2 years ago from my old blazer (before I sold it I took it out cause it was the crome one looked better) so I think other then changing the motor I've changed all electrical peices.. They worked when I bought the truck and then even after I changed the handle now something messed up not sure..

so if anyone has any sugestion on what this might be PLZ.. shout away

Thanks....

topprolmc
01-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Your wiper motor is bad if the wipers don't park at this point.

I posters the troubleshooting for wipers in the tech section a while ago

70-K5
01-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Mine do the exact same thing...

Top, how can it be the motor? The motor only drives the wiper arms, interprets the signal given to it to go or not go.

Rod the Bod
01-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Im with you Steve if the motor was bad you would think they wouldent work at all.. but I've changed every electrical part other then the motor I beleive and still messed up... If you can explane a little better Top that would be great...

junkyard dog
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
sounds like a bad switch to me...... but you already replaced that

topprolmc
01-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Dunno about the pre 73 motors, but post 73 there is a circuit board in the motor. It does go bad.

Rod the Bod
01-12-2012, 02:14 AM
ok Thanks I'll take a look at it and get back to you....

Greatly appreaciated

topprolmc
01-12-2012, 08:40 AM
ok Thanks I'll take a look at it and get back to you....

Greatly appreaciated

Look in the tech section and test your motor. The instructions are there, I posted them a while back.

70-K5
01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Here's the link.. Who knew that there was so much diagnosing to do with windshield wipers!

http://www.chevyk5blazer.com/forums/showthread.php?4192-87-Wiper-troubleshooting-Any-year-with-Stalk-wipers....

Rod the Bod
01-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys I'll check it out this weekend...

Rod the Bod
01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Ok checked it out and had to change the motor and now everything work perfect..lol THANKS!! Top
and steve if yours is doing that exact same thing dont wast your money and time changing that damn switch in the colume I never want to go back in their..lol and chang the motor took me 20 min and I was done....

70-K5
01-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Crazy... I might have to do that... I didn't even know that the wipers would "park"

Where did you get your motor? Just parts store stock?

Edit: Found one with exchange at Napa for $72.99
I wonder what the odds are of getting one that works from the junkyard.

topprolmc
01-13-2012, 08:43 PM
I tried that...fail

Rod the Bod
01-13-2012, 09:31 PM
ya just at a autoparts store and they stocked them.. and I paid $75 for it.. I would just spend the money on a new one and be done with it....