Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolt pattern

Bolt pattern

does anyone know the bolt pattern for a np208 transfer case and a 700r4 transmission?

700r4 has a square pan with 16 bolts and no modulator

the 208 should look something like this http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1366&bih=549

2000 Saturn Sl1-daily driver

1997 Ford F250 7.3L diesel

1982 K-5 350 w/turbo 350/203-Play truck

1984 K20 w/1 ton dually rear 6.2L turbo diesel w/700r4/208-Work truck/daily driver-coming soon

1991 C10 suburban soon to be k10

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Get Your Shift Together Knows their $hit transman's Avatar
    the 208 is the large round bolt pattern. (gm has 2 round patterns)

Looking at it from the ground it seems as though you could seperate the tranny and transfer case in two seperate places and since everything under the truck is covered in mud and grease we couldnt find the bolts for them but i think i know where they are now thx guys. oh i almost forgot when i was scraping some mud of the back of the transfer case i put a hole in it and it leaked a very small amout of greenish fluid then we found a few other places where some one had put this white stuff on it and we put holes in most of them but only the first one leaked anything does anyone know what that stuff is or why it would be on there? we hadnt drained the tranfer case yet so if there was a hole in the metal it should have leaked each time we punctured one of the spots right?

what year is this?

it is an 88 ill see if i can get a picture for you some time today

ok got some pictures and would have fallen asleep under there if it werent for the d*mn acorns.
    this is the two places to take it apart one has the blue silicon and the other is the one thats leaking.

the pictures arent great but the first one is where it leaked from and the others are where we made holes but it didnt leak

my favorite part of the truck right now....

thats the worst rust ive been able to find so far

well got the transfer case out tonight still don't know what or why the white stuff is on there but there's not anything wrong with the metal behind it so i guess it doesn't matter.
    it seems like it was leaking between the transmission and the 3in spacer? would this flat seal be the cause of that or would there be something else?

how much atf should be around the governor gear? does the tranny fill it? the transfer case?

ive read on some other posts that when it leaks theres atf moving from the tranny to the transfer case can you tell me about that?

the o-ring at the arrow is what is leaking. that is the only seal there. there is not much oil at the governor, it is fed hydraulically when the engine is running. is that oring hard? (i say o-ring but it ia really considered a lathe cut seal, because it isn't rounded)

Thanks for all your help transman do you know of any place where i could get the seal or do i need to find a transmission shop?