Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Project dirty phoenix:82k5 blazer(REBORN)

Cool Project dirty phoenix:82k5 blazer(REBORN)

Alright guys & gals. i don't know where to begin. part of me wants to spend the time to redo all the work that went into this thread and part of me knows i don't have the time to do that.

Well this project started in late January of 2010. i was a young-in 17. a junior in high-school. a guy that tinkered with cars and trucks. wrecked some and fixed some. i decided my tin can s10 blazer would never hold up to the kind of offloading i wanted to do and it would cost to much to modify it to do so. so i bought the k5 i have now. a 1982 k5 blazer. that had spent its entire life in MI and had rust everywhere. heres the pics.

i believe that's just about all of them.

anybody else that has to upload a bunch using photobucket . look at the bottom of the page there is a select all. click that . then click generate html & img codes. it will make your life alot easier.

any questions or comments or opions feel free to leave a post.

if i forgot any pics and anyone can remember what it looked like i'm sure i can dig it up on my computer somewhere.

-dave
    Last edited by spectreblazer; 07-08-2010 at 03:16 AM.

more pics. my parts and what the dash looked like before i tore it apart, first pics of when i brought her home on the trailer. i got those tires for 80 bucks. 5 rally rims with beauty rings and 31" tires mounted 80% tread. got to love craigslist.

Apprentice The man, the myth, the legend Stomper's Avatar
    Glad to see you took the time post as many pics as you did! How much longer you got?
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

Wow, that was one rusty K5... great work to get it back to shape!

And also thanks for posting a silver one.. that's the color we are thinking about going with ours, so it's nice to see it "in real life"!

man michigan cars suck! lol lot of great pics gives me an idea of what i need to do with mine hopfully i can catch up with you and one day we can meet up somewhere and go wheeling together

Quote Originally Posted by Stomper View Post
    Glad to see you took the time post as many pics as you did! How much longer you got?

i need to finish welding the driver side up. the rocker is welded and the supports. floor pans are spot welded and still need some more welds to make me happy. And the passenger side still needs floor pans and rocker. the supports are also welded on that side.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyG View Post
    Wow, that was one rusty K5... great work to get it back to shape!

And also thanks for posting a silver one.. that's the color we are thinking about going with ours, so it's nice to see it "in real life"!
    thanks man, i have a pic of a nice white/grey/silver one i'll post up once i find it. i'm repainting mine once the rear lower bedside pieces are replaced , but that's after the summer

Quote Originally Posted by K5kyle View Post
    man michigan cars suck! lol lot of great pics gives me an idea of what i need to do with mine hopfully i can catch up with you and one day we can meet up somewhere and go wheeling together

sure, anytime

im planning on going to silver lake once the truck is safe and roadworthy. you up for some sand?

Glad to see you are repairing metal with metal. I've seen plywood, foam, bondo and everything else. You will never see that floor but ten years from now you will be glad you did it right. Good luck, and take your time.
    When in doubt, turn on the gas and melt it together!

Quote Originally Posted by defiantcustompaint View Post
    Glad to see you are repairing metal with metal. I've seen plywood, foam, bondo and everything else. You will never see that floor but ten years from now you will be glad you did it right. Good luck, and take your time.
    thanks,
    . there was that insualation foam. 7 different layers of patched sheet metal. 2 different carpets. liscense plates (10-15 of them if i remember right) and the roll bar was held in this fiberglass insulation.

tonight i had alot of problems and didn't get alot done..

somehow my passenger front floor support is higher then my rocker. i have no idea how this happened because the truck is braced. im hoping the subframe didn't tweak either here are the pics

this one is the driverside and is just about flush with the rocker

driver side

this is the problem, the passenger side

this support i had to cut back off and re-weld because the gap was to big to begin with

pic 2

who likes my battery?

back on , 1 left to go

im getting so close to getting the metal done for the summer and put her on the road, then this floor support problem comes up....

anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be or have had this happen before?

is the front floor support suppose to be flush? i'm assuming so because the driver side fits well as being flush.
    Last edited by spectreblazer; 07-10-2010 at 02:25 AM.

None of your reproduced sheet metal rarely ever fits just right. Be prepared for some cutting, hammering, and bending. It looks like your rocker is welded in the right position though. Its very hard to tell from the pictures whats going on with the floor brace, but it should go in pretty close to look just like the other side.
    When in doubt, turn on the gas and melt it together!