Thread: Springs for 72 gmc jimmy 4wd interchangeability

Fresh from the farm

Springs for 72 gmc jimmy 4wd interchangeability

Do any of the later k5 blazer or jimmy or perhaps late model Silverado 1500 4wd leaf spring hardware interchangeable? I'm trying to change my suspension back to stock 1/2 ton hardware and can't find leaf spring mounts thought it might be easier to find later model hardware in a junkyard

Enjoying Life Senior member 70-K5's Avatar
    What exact parts are you looking for? Front suspension, rear? Spring hangers shackle mounts?
    Visit my builds

Fresh from the farm

Front and rear suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 70-K5 View Post
    What exact parts are you looking for? Front suspension, rear? Spring hangers shackle mounts?
    I am looking for stock front and rear leaf spring hangers and shackles for my 72 jimmy 4wd

What happened to your stock frame hangers?

Best bet would be to find a donor frame or drill rivets in the junkyard. I can tell you from experience, drilling rivets sucks.
    Visit my builds

Fresh from the farm
    Quote Originally Posted by 70-K5 View Post
    What happened to your stock frame hangers?

Best bet would be to find a donor frame or drill rivets in the junkyard. I can tell you from experience, drilling rivets sucks.
    I bought the truck with the intent on taking off lift kit and replacing with stock hardware. Original frame mounts are gone replaced with diy4x.com lift hardware. But trying to find stock half ton hardware to change it back is next to impossible. I can get the original springs no problem but the mounts are extremely hard to come by

Fresh from the farm
    That's y I was asking will leaf spring mounts from another vehicle possibly mid 80's fit on my frame those would be much easier to find

I'm guessing what you're saying is you have a shackle flip in the rear? Not sure how the front spring eye mount on the rear suspension would be changed. I'm pretty sure you can buy that piece from brothers or other aftermarket retailer.

I am not sure how custom the front spring hanger and shackle could be far away from stock either. Do you have pictures of what's going on?
    Visit my builds

Maybe one of these will work for rear spring shackle hanger?
    General Spring Doesn't have a lot of fancy advertising, but they make a good spring, I've got a pair on the front of my 70 K5.
    http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/m22567.htm
    or
    http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/m1739.htm
    or
    http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/m1725.htm
    Visit my builds