Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Running rich, slow acceleration

11 Bang Bang Fresh from the farm
    Quote Originally Posted by LT67 View Post
    What Iggy said..... have someone that knows Quadrajets rebuild it and calibrate it.

I got a Quadrajet from a shop in Texas and they calibrated it to my engine specs. They got it pretty close.... throttle response on the 406 is razor sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    I would send the Electronic Quadrajet to Cliff's High Performance for a rebuild. The electronic ones are a little tricky and Cliff's has rebuild kits that are compatible with alcohol in the fuel.
    Thanks for the info, seems like an Ocean of possibilities with these Q-jets. Been on this site,
    (http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...s/88376?page=1) and the info is awesome if you want to become proficient with these carbs, and being a tech diy'er I would like to tackle this head on. Maybe I buy a reman one and put this one on a workbench just so I have my truck running good. Wonder if Cliff's High Performance sell these?

Cliff sometimes has cores he can rebuild and sell, your best bet is to call him. He has the type of shop that you will actually get to talk to Cliff.
    1990 GMC K5 Jimmy (Not the pretend Jimmy) with 454 TBI - TH400 - NP241C

1981 Chevy K5 Blazer Mall Crawler with 350 Carb - TH700-R4 - NP241C

When I die, I want to go out like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming my head of like the passengers in his car!

11 Bang Bang Fresh from the farm
    Alright I will give him a call soon. Thanks for the info