Thread: Trip to SMORR

Trip to SMORR

Had a good time this weekend at the off-road ranch. There was some pretty big money and serious rigs out there. We showed up Friday evening and set up camp and ate some food. Then we looked over the map and headed out. Trails were rated 1-6. 1 being a basic dirt road, 6 being empty your wallet for all new parts.
    Originally it was suppose to be my k5 and Steve's bronco II. But his brother couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to take his nice DD F250 7.3 crewcab (ridiculously large truck for a trail).
    After a about 30 min on the trails we pretty much threw the maps in the back as alot of the trail signs were missing and you never really knew exactly where we were. So we just winged it. Spent a couple hours hitting some 3s and ending up on some 4s. About 11 we had to head back towards camp cause they close the trail gates at midnight. I couldn't let my truck get locked in cause I was camping in the back of it. On they way back I had a rear shock lose a bolt a fall off. After a quick trail fix, cruised back to camp.
    Then I was talked into loading up in the fords and going back out. 30 min in the bronco broke a cv shaft ujoint. Did some winching in a few spots trying to get him back. Then we got to a killer hill on a 4. They decided to try to pull the B II as far up as we could with the f250. The the f250 blew a hub. After working on it till about 3 am we were able to get the B II up the hill which the service road was just at the top. Ended up having to leave the 250 on the trail till the next day. He went home a got his 12k lbs winch and after 1.5 hours finally retrieved his truck. Also destroyed the 12k winch right at the top of the hill.
    Long story short, went wheeling with 2 fords and 1 Chevy. And the Chevy was the only one that is still fully functional. I ended up backing down that hill to get the winch down to the 250 and climbed back up it with not alot of trouble. The blazer performed great out there and impressed me. Even ended up teetering on 2 wheels a couple times.
    All in all we had a blast and plan on doing it again next season. Here's a few pics. I'll get some more that others took, and MAYBE a video depending on how the shots turned out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Till The Wheels Fall Off

Administrator Senior member GobblerK5's Avatar
    Very nice!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RIP - 1987 K5 Blazer - Silverado Edition
    305 TBI / 700r4 / 10 Bolts / 3.08s

32x11.50x15 Buckshot Mudders on stock rallys
    Flowmaster 40 series with dual chrome tips out the back
    1987 K5 Silverado - Build Thread

1991 K5 Blazer - Silverado Edition
    350 TBI / 4L60 / 10 bolts / 4.10s
    35x12.50x15 Cooper Discoverer STT on stock rallys
    1991 K5 Silverado - Build Thread
    NOVEMBER 2012 ----- TRUCK-OF-THE-MONTH!!!!
    APRIL 2013 ----- TRUCK-OF-THE-MONTH!!!!

And my other ride ---> GobblerK5's 2004 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Not much building going on in here though

Way to show em' who's boss!!!
    JUNE 2017 Truck Of The Month

Resident Beach Bum Senior member EXJAY's Avatar
    Nice man!
    '88 K5 w/ 4" Rancho lift (springs/blocks) RS5000s, & 33x12.50 BFG A/Ts
    '15 Silverado Crew Cab
    '74 VW Superbeetle

The man, the myth, the legend Sardo Numspa's Avatar
    she looks good dirty!!!!

Resident Beach Bum Senior member EXJAY's Avatar
    '88 K5 w/ 4" Rancho lift (springs/blocks) RS5000s, & 33x12.50 BFG A/Ts
    '15 Silverado Crew Cab
    '74 VW Superbeetle

I Yam what I Yam Senior member Crusty Old Shellback's Avatar
    Awesome fun. Even better that YOU had no issues.
    A hearst dosen't come with a luggage rack!

"Desert racing is the fiercest and most exciting competitive sport no one gives a shit about; we as a nation are too busy obsessing over spandex-clad guys chasing balls across manicured lawns to follow anything this extreme. Teams working together against time, nature and each other in conditions you won’t believe exist on a planet that supports life." A.P. Collins

'87 K5. SOLD.
    '73 pre runner Built 350 w/ Sniper EFI/SM465/205/D44/12bolt/3.73 gears, Spartan locker/auburn posi. 35" tires on 5" deaver spring lift. 12/18" travel F/R Crossover steering.

December 2015 TOTM

Build thread: http://www.chevyk5blazer.com/forums/...140#post245140

Sweet adventure. Nothing beats being able to off road and camp in the same rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk