Thread: Heater blower problems. Fan switch?

Heater blower problems. Fan switch?

Ok so im having a hard time figuring out my heater blower. It has never worked since ive had the truck. I have tested the relay I have power going into it but not out. I replaced the relay and its the same. I dont have any power on any of the wires at the resistor. and I have no power at the fan switch in the dash. But all of my fuses are good. where does the fan switch get power from?
    Im stumped. Any help or ideas appriciated.

It turns out I was missing a fuse! I thought it was an empty slot. anyway the heater blows on all but high. I have to figure that one out now.

I Yam what I Yam Senior member Crusty Old Shellback's Avatar
    High bypasses the coil resistor thing in the heater box and I believe runs directly off the fan switch. Or at lest that's what I remember when working on mine.
    A hearst dosen't come with a luggage rack!

"Desert racing is the fiercest and most exciting competitive sport no one gives a shit about; we as a nation are too busy obsessing over spandex-clad guys chasing balls across manicured lawns to follow anything this extreme. Teams working together against time, nature and each other in conditions you won’t believe exist on a planet that supports life." A.P. Collins

'87 K5. SOLD.
    '73 pre runner Built 350 w/ Sniper EFI/SM465/205/D44/12bolt/3.73 gears, Spartan locker/auburn posi. 35" tires on 5" deaver spring lift. 12/18" travel F/R Crossover steering.

December 2015 TOTM

Build thread: http://www.chevyk5blazer.com/forums/...140#post245140

thats what Ive been reading. I ordered a new fan switch. I guess Ill have to wait and see how that goes. Im glad to have that blower working finally even if it wont go on high Yet.