Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D60 Crossover Steering

Need to win Power Ball. Senior member AV8TER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9297oldram View Post
    No problem you didn't piss me off.
    Good.
    I don't always drive a 4x4, but when I do, it's a Chevy.

1984. HO 454, EFI, 4L60, 208, D60, shaved 14FF, both locked.
    4 in lift. 35 inch Toyo MTs.
    AKA The Trail Master 3000
    October 2014 TOTM. December 2017 TOTM

The only thing funner than a big engine is a bigger engine!!!

Shadetree Mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty Old Shellback View Post
    The 4WD box and pitman arm are "keyed" to only fit one way. The 2WD is not "Keyed" and can be indexed in any position.
    Not to change the subject butttttt...
    Crusty I noticed in your Sig that you have a Sniper EFI on your 73... How does it perform for you?? I am considering buying one for mine as well...

I Yam what I Yam Senior member Crusty Old Shellback's Avatar
    Funny you should ask. Should be some notes in my build thread. It works better than my carb. But it takes some work to make it work with a manual shift/clutch. Apparently it's dialed in more for a automatic and dosent like the unloading when coming to a stop. But I got it working.
    Only issue I'm having now is trying to get it to control timing with my style if distributor. I all ready had it and didn't feel like working over another $400 plus for their distributor.
    I'm running a GM style coil in cap HEI.
    A hearst dosen't come with a luggage rack!

"Desert racing is the fiercest and most exciting competitive sport no one gives a shit about; we as a nation are too busy obsessing over spandex-clad guys chasing balls across manicured lawns to follow anything this extreme. Teams working together against time, nature and each other in conditions you won’t believe exist on a planet that supports life." A.P. Collins

'87 K5. SOLD.
    '73 pre runner Built 350 w/ Sniper EFI/SM465/205/D44/12bolt/3.73 gears, Spartan locker/auburn posi. 35" tires on 5" deaver spring lift. 12/18" travel F/R Crossover steering.

January 2018 TOTM

Build thread: http://www.chevyk5blazer.com/forums/...140#post245140

Shadetree Mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty Old Shellback View Post
    Funny you should ask. Should be some notes in my build thread. It works better than my carb. But it takes some work to make it work with a manual shift/clutch. Apparently it's dialed in more for a automatic and dosent like the unloading when coming to a stop. But I got it working.
    Only issue I'm having now is trying to get it to control timing with my style if distributor. I all ready had it and didn't feel like working over another $400 plus for their distributor.
    I'm running a GM style coil in cap HEI.
    Yeah I was looking at the distributor for it as well... Seems to be easier to setup with that over the standard HEI...
    My only concern is if the distributor has issues down the road what it will take to repair...

You can go MSD magnetic pickup small cap or go with their other one with the hall effect.

"Desert racing is the fiercest and most exciting competitive sport no one gives a shit about; we as a nation are too busy obsessing over spandex-clad guys chasing balls across manicured lawns to follow anything this extreme. Teams working together against time, nature and each other in conditions you won’t believe exist on a planet that supports life." A.P. Collins

'87 K5. SOLD.
    '73 pre runner Built 350 w/ Sniper EFI/SM465/205/D44/12bolt/3.73 gears, Spartan locker/auburn posi. 35" tires on 5" deaver spring lift. 12/18" travel F/R Crossover steering.

January 2018 TOTM

More info in my build thread.

'87 K5. SOLD.

January 2018 TOTM

I'm kinda late to the party here, but I bought the ORD kit a few years ago, with high steer. I ended up changing the steering arms out for Sky Offroad arms that didn't use springs. I also put a PSC hydro-assist kit on it. It's pretty much the perfect setup, IMO, but not cheap.

2v2ujVp82xBu8eq.jpg

Recently, I started building an S-10 Blazer with the drivetrain from my K5, and I wasn't able to use the steering box (S-10 box mounts inside the frame), so I can make you a killer deal on the PSC box (tapped for hydro-assist) if you're interested. It includes the PSC pitman arm, since I couldn't use that, either. BTW, you can cap the hydro-assist ports if you don't want to add it right away and it will function like a regular 2WD steering box. PM me if you're interested. I don't want to hijack this thread any worse than I already did.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll101/OldFatGuy_photos/blazersig_zpsl5ssa3e3.jpg

TOTM Winner - May 2014