Thread: How to remove broken brake bleeder screw?

How to remove broken brake bleeder screw?

I soaked my brake bleeders every day for three days. But I still managed to break my passenger rear bleeder screw. Has anyone done this before? And how did you fix it. Should I use a ez out or will that probaly just brake too. Or maybe drill it out? I don't know any advice would be great. I changed my master cylinder and need to bleed system. Thanks again.

[IMG][/IMG]

Rplace the caliper is my suggestion. if you drill it out its probably going to contaminate your system with metal flakes. the not that expensive.
    Eating hondas and crapping out broncos

Replace the wheel cylinder. Easier and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by b~lazer View Post
    Rplace the caliper is my suggestion. if you drill it out its probably going to contaminate your system with metal flakes. the not that expensive.
    oops meant wheel cylinder

I did this not long ago.... replace the caliper bro... they are only like $15 with the core if I remember correctly for my 84

84 K5 - Newer front clip
    350/ 350 Turbo/ NP 205
    6in Skyjacker on 35in Goodyear MTR
    Everything pretty much new
    Hundreds of hours in time and thousands of dollars wasted....

My build thread - http://www.chevyk5blazer.com/forums/...4-K5-money-pit

so the bleeder will come right out with the wheel cylinder? the bleeder isn't threaded into the back of the drum/axel ? I just looked it up on autozone.com. and looks like its attached to the wheel cylinder but i just want to make sure before i screw something else up. Lol

I agree with everyone else, cheap and easy enuf to replace without all the headaches.
    1989 K5 Blazer

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    so the bleeder will come right out with the wheel cylinder? the bleeder isn't threaded into the back of the drum/axel ? I just looked it up on autozone.com. and looks like its attached to the wheel cylinder but i just want to make sure before i screw something else up. Lol
    yup come out as one unit. the hard line might give ya some shit though..don't round off the nut use a line wrench!

funny thing is the wheel cylinder costs as much as a caliber be careful not to wring the break line into when you remove the wheel cylinder
    1990 k5
    2" rough county all spring
    33-12.5 tractor tires and a whole list of crap to do
    coal field offroaders
    www.cfo.yuku.com

thanks for the advice that makes alot of sense. I couldnt see how extrcting the bleeder was going to go smoothly Lol. this will give me a chance to inspect everything too since the truck is still new to me. thanks