Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOFT TOP

AARON Fresh from the farm

SOFT TOP

I WANT TO GET A SOFT TOP FOR MY 86'. ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE, OR BUY NEW KIT?

Enjoying Life Chief Hunglikmule 70-K5's Avatar

72' Yea its a convertible Senior member jackedjimmy72's Avatar
    Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Your not going to do it.....LOL.

1987 K5, 350 RV, Morse Machine TBI, built 700r4, D60 Spartan/14ff Detroit, 14" travel Bilsteins on all 4 corners, 4.56 gears, All spring 6" lift (Front - RC springs, Rear - ORD flip - DIY4X shackles w/ 56" 1 ton springs), Hydro Assist Steering, 37x12.5x17 KM2s

"Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something." Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

“Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.”

Liberating the Oppressed since 1952!

I wouldn't mind a soft top. But not sure how water proof it would be here.

Enjoying Life Chief Hunglikmule 70-K5's Avatar
    Softtoppers don't leak. It will seal better than your hard top.

Here we go again. There should be a sticky for the "Blazer Soft top" where all this information that keeps coming up can be put and we can refer newbies to that link. Leakage, fit, price, where to buy, ease of use, is Skyler still making soft tops, when is Best Top going to start making them, etc. keeps coming up. Im all about helping people out, but it does get redundant.

1987 K5, 350 RV, Morse Machine TBI, built 700r4, D60 Spartan/14ff Detroit, 14" travel Bilsteins on all 4 corners, 4.56 gears, All spring 6" lift (Front - RC springs, Rear - ORD flip - DIY4X shackles w/ 56" 1 ton springs), Hydro Assist Steering, 37x12.5x17 KM2s

"Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something." Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

“Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.”

Liberating the Oppressed since 1952!

72' Yea its a convertible Senior member jackedjimmy72's Avatar
    Here we go again. There should be a sticky for the "Blazer Soft top" where all this information that keeps coming up can be put and we can refer newbies to that link. Leakage, fit, price, where to buy, ease of use, is Skyler still making soft tops, when is Best Top going to start making them, etc. keeps coming up. Im all about helping people out, but it does get redundant.
    Yes sticky.

And yes they keep the water out. Even here in the PNW! My hard top leaks and I want a softropper to avoid that issue. Also 300lbs lighter than a full vert.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Greasemonkey Shadetree Mechanic Roadmouse's Avatar
    I wonder why you are yelling like that Aaron???

1973 Chevy Impala
    1973 Plymouth Duster
    1977 Chevy Blazer
    1979 Chevy Pick up
    1979 Pontiac Sunbird
    1981 Buick Skylark
    visit my homepage: http://users.telenet.be/alain.de.roo/

i have had zero leak issues with my soft top, and it has rained a LOT up here in Tennessee.
    1980 k5 - 406 SBC - Dana 44 - 14B FF - 36's - 4" RC springs - longtube headers - dual thrush tubes
    2003 s10 - 4.3 v6, 5 speed manual, 5 inch suspension lift, 2 inch body lift, 35's, straight pipe
    Car Domain - The Orange Beast!
    OHIO STATE BUCKEYES - GO BUCKS!